Skip to main content

Cookie dough balls

I saw this picture of what looked like cookie dough on my friends facebook page - she said she made it with Shakeology!  It absolutely looked amazing in the bowl, just like cookie dough.  And then she rolled it into balls for a quick snack - or in my kids case, BREAKFAST 😊

I modified her recipe a little bit and according to my husband I need to modify it a little bit more.  I thought they were good and the kids scarfed them down.  I guess if you don't like coconut at all, then you need to modify it as well - I'll tell you how I intend to but I can't promise anything at this point!



Making these with Shakeology allows you to get 70+ amazing ingredients including superfoods, vitamins, protein, pre/probiotics, adaptogens, digestive enzymes....you know all that good for you stuff that most of us don't get on a daily basis and probably don't even know what it all is!  The way Shakeology is made though, the nutrients get delivered to you as a whole food (dried) and without any fillers or added sugars.  It can help you lose weight, maintain healthy cholesterol levels, support healthy blood sugar levels, control cravings, support regularity πŸ˜‰, and improve your energy.


Ok, but back to the recipe - gosh who wouldn't want cookie dough for breakfast right?

2 servings of vanilla Shakeology (2/3 cup total)
2 scoops of Orgain Creamy Chocolate Fudge Organic Protein powder (46g total)
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
1/4 cup old fashioned oats
1 cup creamy natural peanut butter (I use Skippy)
1/2 cup honey
flaxseed
chia seeds
1/2 cups chocolate chips (mini if you have them, I did not)

Mix all the dry ingredients together.  Then add in honey and peanut butter.  Let chill in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.  Roll into balls

Super simple and so yummy!

Now my modification would be to eliminate the coconut flakes and just use the oats for my husband, so 1/2 cup of oats and no coconut.  And if you don't want to make the dough a little chocolatey, just use 3 servings of the vanilla Shakeology.

If you don't have Shakeology and want to try it, let me know and we can talk about samples!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homemade Chicken Nuggets

I love chicken nuggets!!  When I used to go to McDonalds it was what I got probably 75% of the time!  They are just amazing.  And the sweet and sour dipping sauce...oh so good! πŸ˜‹ But now that I don't eat at McDonalds anymore, I have to make them at home.  There are so many you can buy at the store - quick and easy to throw in the oven and they have all kinds of different shapes - dinosaurs, stars, hearts, probably whatever you wanted! But who knows what the heck is in those store bought ones....so I had to find a recipe that I could make at home.  I have come across many that I like but I always wanted them to be crispy and not soggy when I make them in the oven.  It has taken some time, but I think I have found the right combination!!  YES!! So here we go.  I hope you all enjoy them as much as we do! You will need: 4 chicken breasts 1 cup pickle juice (yes really) 1 cup flour paprika pepper 3 eggs 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs Dire...

Homemade Granola Bars

I LOVE granola bars!  They used to be my go to snack when I was hungry between meals and then I started eating a little cleaner, so I avoided the store bought ones for a while.  We still bought them for the kids so they were around and I would look at them often!   I have given in and eaten them a couple of times recently, but the worst part of eating clean happened - some of my favorite foods don't sit so well in my stomach anymore!  Dang it for my stomach not liking the processed food with the chemicals πŸ˜‰  I've tried a couple different recipes and they are all good, but I had to keep them in the refrigerator or they got too soft. So, this recipe I found the other day bakes them which I guess I always avoided because it would take longer.  However, baking them is totally worth it!  I have wrapped them individually so I can throw them into lunch boxes and they don't fall apart by the time lunch comes around.  AND they can sit out of the ...